Cures Within Reach's open clinical research funding opportunities. Cures Within Reach (CWR) is a Chicago-based nonprofit dedicated to catalyzing and funding repurposing research, testing already approved therapies in new indications. See their 33 currently funded projects at https://bit.ly/cwrcurrent.
CWR has two exciting funding opportunities for Chicagoland researchers to support Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI). At least 3 clinical repurposing trials will be selected for funding for each:
· Clinical repurposing trials led by US-based underrepresented racial/ethnic minority PIs (as defined by the NIH) in any disease; budgets of up to $70,000 accepted; brief proposals due July 30, 2021.
· Clinical repurposing trials from any institution in the greater Chicago area to address racial/ethnic health disparities as defined by the NIH; budgets of up to $80,000 accepted; community engagement required; brief proposals due July 30, 2021.
More info at https://bit.ly/cwrrfps.
· Projects repurposing approved drugs, devices, nutraceuticals and diagnostics are eligible
· Proof of concept clinical trials are preferred; requested funding can cover all costs or can supplement existing funding to help strengthen patient impact
· There's no limit to the number of submissions from any one institution or PI.
· PIs at any career stage are eligible to apply
· Proposal submissions are on our CureAccelerator platform; to start a proposal, log into CureAccelerator or sign up as a Researcher or Clinician
· Top-rated proposals will be invited to submit a full grant.
For more information, contact:
Clare Thibodeaux, PhD
Director of Scientific Affairs
Cures Within Reach