Fellows are graduates in medicine and allied fields, or distinguished persons engaged in allied pursuits, whose professional contributions are meritorious, who demonstrate leadership in improving the health of the community, and who manifest the highest ethics, standards, and principles of professionalism.
Looking to renew your Fellowship? Log in to complete the renewal form online.
Benefits of Fellowship
- Opportunity to network with Chicago’s healthcare leaders
- Access to the latest healthcare news and information, upcoming events and programs, and links to potential funding sources
- Opportunity to participate in developing the healthcare policy agenda for Chicagoland
- Invitations to IOMC programs, including Annual Meeting and Holiday Reception
- Discounted registration for all IOMC special events and programs
- Discounted registration for all IOMC partner programs, including webinars and seminars
- Access to members-only section of the website, which includes grant opportunities, a job bank, and membership directory
- Listing in online membership directory and eNewsletter
- Opportunity to promote programs and events via IOMC Listserv, online community calendar, and website home page
- Opportunity to participate in IOMC Networks
- Opportunity to participate in IOMC Speakers Bureau
- Right to vote upon matters submitted to a vote of the membership, to nominate candidates for Fellowship in the Institute, and to hold office or be a Governor of the Institute.
- Certificate of Fellowship
Candidates for Fellowship must be nominated by a Fellow of the IOMC. Candidates will be notified of their nomination by mail and asked to complete an application form. Applicants will be notified regarding the outcome of their application.
Citizen Fellows shall be lay persons significantly contributing to the welfare of the community and who contributed to, or have been interested in, medicine and allied fields. Such members shall be so designated by a 2/3 rd vote of the Board of Governors and shall be exempt from payment of membership dues.
Emeritus Fellows shall be those Fellows who retired from full-time active healthcare endeavors, were members of the IOMC in good standing for a minimum of five years, and who requested in writing that they be designated as Emeritus Fellows. Emeritus Fellows shall be exempt from payment of membership dues.
Honorary Fellows shall be physicians, scientists, or leaders in medicine or allied fields, who achieved exceptional distinction in their professions, who carried out their professional undertakings, and who were so designated by the Board of Governors. Honorary Fellows shall be exempt from payment of membership dues.